[tm_pb_section admin_label=”section”][tm_pb_row admin_label=”row”][tm_pb_column type=”4_4″][tm_pb_text admin_label=”Text” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
Consumer Protection Act
At Yebo fresh, our platform users have always been our first priority. We continue to support our platform users and are committed to protecting the consumer.
Yebo fresh acknowledges and supports the spirit of the Consumer Protection Act. The Company’s mission is consumerism – which in simple terms means to interpret and satisfy platform users’ needs by providing a platform distributing quality products at competitive prices, and providing courteous service at our Click and Collect locations that are located close to your homes.
Yebo fresh has always and will always put the consumer first, and strive to uphold the principles of the Consumer Protection Act in all our dealings with our platform users. As a consumer you should know and understand what the Consumer Protection Act aims to achieve, what your rights are as a consumer, and how and where to address your concerns.
What is the Consumer Protection Act?
The act aims to:
- Promote a fair, accessible and sustainable marketplace for consumer products and services.
- Establish national norms and standards to ensure consumer protection.
- Make provision for improved standards of consumer information, to prohibit unfair marketing and business practices.
- Promote reasonable consumer behavior.
- Promote a consistent legislative and enforcement framework relating to transactions and agreements.
- Establish the national consumer commission.
- Replace, in a new and easier manner, provisions from various acts, including the Consumer Affairs Act, Trade Practices Act, Sales and Service Matters Act, Price Control Act and Merchandise Marks Act.
What are the consumer’s rights?
The act has reinforced 9 rights for the consumer:
- Your right to equality in the consumer market and protection against discriminatory marketing practices
- Your right to privacy
- Your right to choose
- Your right to disclosure of information
- Your right to fair and responsible marketing
- Your right to fair and honest dealing
- Your right to fair, just and reasonable terms and conditions
- Your right to fair value, good quality and safety and
Your right to accountability by suppliers
We will listen to the voice of the consumer, and we appreciate your feedback. Your comments, whether good or bad, give us an opportunity to grow and improve, identify your needs and expectations, and strive to exceed those expectations daily.
Should you wish to contact us we have a number of channels that you can use to let us know how you feel about your experience within any of our stores. We promise to address your concerns as efficiently as possible, in a professional manner.
Yebo fresh would like to thank you, our platform users, for the continued support, and we look forward to serving you into the next decade.
How to address your concerns with Yebo fresh
There are a number of ways you can contact us:
- Contact Yebo fresh call centre via e-mail on email@example.com
- Contact us on our website www.yebofresh.co.za
Consumer Protection Act
- An agent will take down all your details necessary to escalate your complaint to the necessary management person, who will address your concerns and get back to you.
- The agent will require the following details
- Name and surname
- Contact numbers (landline and cell if possible)
- Nature of complaint and full details.
- Click and Collect location
- Should your concern be about a specific product the following information will also be required
- Product description
- Bar code / LAN number for in-store fresh departments
- Best before date
- Sell by date
- Batch number
- Cost of product
- How many items you purchased
- Packaging details (what it looks like and label description)
- Details will be confirmed
- A reference number will be provided
- The manager responsible will call you or a letter will be sent to you.